Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

ReSharper 7

Recently, I was reintroduced to ReSharper version 7.0.

Resharper 7 is completely awesome.  Best feature is code editing helpers.  With ReSharper, I transformed some reasonably complex nested for each  and if else statements into Linq.  I also love the invert If transformation.  It's great to reduce if else statements complexity.

I put it through its paces refactoring code in my Digital Rockhound's Companion software project.  I decided I would attempt to accept as many of the resharper suggestions as possible.  My code is so much cleaner.

I did notice that on Event delegate declarations, that on occasion Resharper was tagging an event incorrectly as being unsubscribed / unused.  I am still trying to understand the use case but it was easy to get Resharper to ignore it using comment tags.

Anyone who is doing .net development and has never used Resharper should download the trial.  You'll be hooked.

Take it for a test drive.  Any company employing .net developers will save money by using this product by getting better code.

http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/features/index.html


No comments: