Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Frustrating Windows sockets error 10106: ProviderFailed to initialize.

I lost the ability to connect to svn servers on my workstation either through tortoise of SVN commandline. Happens with coporate SVN server and my local SVN server, my home svn server, and other public svn servers.

I can however reach a coporate SVN repository in a web Browser.  I can also do the same with my local svn server repo.

Not sure if this has happened at the same time, but i can't get fiddler2 or fiddler4 to work anymore.  I need Unable to bind to port 8888 Error code 10106.  Seems like I have a proxy issue.


Windows sockets error 10106: ProviderFailed to initialize.

Today, I could not get asp net state service to start up.  Error:  requested provider could not be loaded or intialized.

Found the solution to my problem:
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/asp-net-state-service-wont-start-t3422497.html

This sounds like a Winsock problem, not a problem with ASP.NET itself. You
can reset your Winsock installation to setup defaults by following the
instructions from this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

(The short version of this is to use "netsh winsock reset" from a command
prompt.)

I reset my winsock installation and rebooted.

Problem solved.

No comments: