Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

One year later and crystal reports still suck.

Here I am a year later revisiting report changes I made almost one year to the day in 2009.  For those in working as a software developer you might be able to guess why I am doing this again one year later, it is because the product has not been released yet even though much of the development was completed 12 months ago!  Okay, I can tell myself I am fine with this (yeah right), let's get the part that I forgot from a year ago.  BTW, I had created a document a year ago to detail how the changes were being made so if someone else (again yeah right) had to make similar changes, this hypothetical person might learn from my pain but I missed this little gem....

Here is the dialog to Set database Location for a crystal report.
Nothing here to dislike.... oh wait
If you highlight database connection in the top tree and the then highlight the live connection in the lower tree and then click Update.  Works fine.

Reverse the order, highlight the live connection and the connection you want to change and then click Update - Does not work.....

Verdict: This sucks.....


No comments: